MSGR John Eppenbrock Council 
|5474 W Jefferson P.O. Box 134
||Trenton, MI, 48183-0134
The MSGR Eppenbrock Council is located about a 1/2 mile south of Van Horn on W. Jefferson. The Grand Knight for 2014-2015 is William Taurence.
Monthly business meetings are conducted on the 2nd Monday of each month at 8:00 pm. Meetings are preceded by Rosary at 7:30 pm. Meeting minutes are found on the Newsletters tab and only available to Eppenbrock kofc#3615 members.
The Council was founded on Feb 28, 1953 and chartered on March 29,1953 by the Supreme Office. The Council was first called Msgr. James Calahan Council #3615. The Council's first chaplain for many years was Msgr. John P.Eppenbrock who was very active with the Council and always attended the meetings.
Msgr. Eppenbrock loved to play euchre. After each meeting this game was played until midnight. Msgr. always made the men go home to their families at midnight knowing they had families to support and needed to be to work the next day. Hence, his popularity with the boys and why after he died they named the Council after him. Msgr Eppenbrock passed away in Feb, 1970.
Msgr. Fr. John P. Eppenbrock received exemplification in the Third Degree of the Knights of Columbus through Wyandotte Council #1802 on May 24, 1944. He received the Fourth Degree on February 22, 1954. He played a principal role in the organization of Msgr. James Calahan Council No. 3615 in Trenton, and served continuously as its esteemed Chaplain from the time of its founding until 1970.
Father's patient counsel and enlightening instruction was an outstanding feature at Council meetings - a feature eagerly awaited and highly appreciated - not only by our members, but also by Knights of other Councils who journeyed to Trenton's meetings especially to hear Father speak. In addition to serving as Chaplain of Council No. 3615, he also was Faithful Friar of Msgr. Van Antwerp Assembly of the Fourth Degree. Father was an avid euchre player and taught many of the members the joy of the game.
We did have a big 50th anniversary dinner dance in 2003 at the hall. The Council hall was not built until 1968 and prior to that the meetings were held in an old building on the site that used to be a small restaurant.